Are you a Carer?
Carers are people who spend a significant proportion of their life providing unpaid support to relatives, friends or neighbours who are ill, frail, disabled or who have mental health or substance misuse problems.
Anyone can become a carer at any age and stage of their life. Carers often have to juggle their caring responsibilities with work/education, family, friends and everyday life. This can sometimes prove difficult and as a result the health and well being of the carer can suffer.
To register as a carer at the surgery please complete the Carers Registration Form.
Carers Support Service
Carers in Bedfordshire provide support to carers of all ages across Bedfordshire including:
- Telephone, email and web advice and information
- Specialist one to one support (such as for people caring for someone with a Mental Health problem)
- Group support
- Support to enable carers to be confident, active partners in the decision making processes of all partner organisations
- Administering the NHS Carers Break and Training Grant service
- Running carers Cafes at weekends across Bedfordshire
For advice, information and support contact Carers in Bedfordshire on email@example.com.
You can also find useful information in the carers section which has just been launched on the NHS Carers information website.